Guest blogger: Jesse Putnam

When I was in high school (I think it was sophomore year) my friend Josh Herlein and I were sitting on the grassy bank during our turn at bat at a baseball game and he started to put something in my ear. I was capable of extraordinary passivity at that time in my life and so I let him continue his putting. Shortly thereafter, I attempted to remove what he confessed to be pieces of tin foil from my ear. I may have gotten some out, but some pieces became deeply lodged in my ear as I rooted around with my pinky finger. Some time later I went to the doctor who was nice enough to remove more of it from my ear.

Anyway, I'm not sure when i started using q-tips to clean out the wax from my ears, but at some point I noticed that when I stick a q-tip deep enough into my left ear, it comes into contact with something which seems to move around and make noise deep in my inner ear as it rubs my little ear hairs, perhaps even those special ones right on the eardrum. I now choose to make public my contention that some bit of Mr. Herlein's burrito wrapper has been lodged in the recesses of my aural cavity for upwards of fifteen years.

Someday soon I hope to have medical insurance so I can afford to have a highly trained professional confirm the existence of and remove this curious artifact.

Comments

Popular Posts