Obsession

So my sister gave me this puzzle to solve today:

send
+ more
money



The letters should line up evenly so it looks like the sum of two 4-digit numbers. Each letter corresponds with a numerical digit, and letters that are the same indicate numbers that are the same. Can you find the numbers that correspond with the letters? Good luck. Oh yeah, one hint: m = 1.

As soon as she gave it to me, I hesitantly tried a few combinations and before I knew it I was completely sucked in. I nearly destroyed the baby shower invitation I found lying on my bedside table and quickly appropriated as scratch paper. Once I solved it, though, the relief and satisfaction was worth it all.

My sister's roommate's dad made this up and has apparently come up with a whole book of them. I say, please, no more! Have mercy.

Comments

Popular Posts