Saturday Song Suggestion

Today's suggestion takes me back to Memorial Day weekend 5 years ago. My friend, Ashley, and I were at the Sasquatch! Music Festival - she was nearly 5 months pregnant with her firstborn, and I was about to graduate from college and head to Croatia.

It was HOT out, and the air was thick with the distinctive fragrance of the Northwest's finest weed. My favorite sets that day were from Arcade Fire and Wilco, but I also remember hearing Nada Surf's Blonde on Blonde (off their record Let Go) for the first time as road crews played the whole album while setting up. As soon as I got home I looked it up, and it remains a very soothing set of songs for me to this day.

If you're in the mood for a mellow, nostalgic tune, give it a listen!

Comments

Ashley L. said…
Such fine memories. I miss you, Alexis! Oh, and the email 'Jamin sent to you was in fact unrelated to this post, but glad to know that we can still find common themes in life, even from a distance of 4,000+ miles.

Popular Posts