Why I Love My Husband

Early this summer Tim and Sara and Jesse and I had started dealing with some issues that had come up while living together. Tim shared that he had been struggling for a while with the whole sharing a house thing, and we didn't know if we were going to keep trying to make it work or move out. I was feeling really insecure and emotional about the whole thing - just icky and rejected and weepy about it, so one evening Jesse and I went for a walk so I could sort things out a little with him.

After 20 or 30 minutes of incoherent rambling on my part, he looked past my puffy tear-stained face, into my bloodshot eyes, and gently said, "Just remember, Alexis, you are a child of the covenant, whatever that means... And you have a great rack."

Sometimes I don't know exactly what I need to hear, but Jesse really has a way with words, and that day, what he said couldn't have been more perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts