Saturday Song Suggestion

This week I'm going to have to go with Omaha by Counting Crows. It is one of my favorite songs in general (although there are lots of those), off of probably my favorite Counting Crows album. The music itself is bittersweet, and even though I can't say I really know what the song is about, I love the lyrics. There are many different reasons to appreciate lyrics, and in this case I like the way the words fit together with the rhythm of the song as a whole - there is a very poetic quality to it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did You Know:

Your last two Saturday Song Suggestions were both featured prominently in the short film "Mom, Brother and I: The Squalid Drive from Virginia to Washington" which was released in the summer of 2002.
Alexis said…
Thanks for pointing that out, Tobin. I had forgotten that entirely. What an epic trip.
Anonymous said…
you both are cold souls...Tobin- call your mom!!

Popular Posts