Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

So basically, on Thursday night as I was getting ready to go get the garbage and recycle cans, my mom remembered something of great import. I could tell because she suddenly ran back to her room shouting, "OH NO OH NO OH NO!!!" every step of the way.

In an effort to take a nice, leisurely bath, she had inadvertently left the water running and this had flooded her bathroom. She called for stacks of towels, which I dutifully brought, but the fun was only just beginning. The water had seeped - nay, streamed - down into the basement and flooded the kitchen, bathroom, and several other areas down there. Water damage = extensive. We spent the next few hours soaking, mopping, and vacuuming up water. A large tub of things from my room was drenched, this included photos, books, letters, papers. My brother's high school graduation pictures. My college diploma. Things like that. As we emptied buckets of water into the bathtub/sink/toilet, we were a little shocked to discover the condition of the toilet, since we never use the bathroom downstairs. Probably the sickest thing I've seen in I don't know how long. To the last person who used that bathroom: I offer my most sincere apologies. I am actually surprised that it hasn't biologically evolved enough to sprout legs, trudge upstairs, and eat us in our sleep. Pretty close, though.

Anyway, it was a not-fun night (let's just say there was a lot of freedom in the language/volume used to express our feelings) and currently the rented space heaters and fans are still hard at work trying to dry things out.

Comments

Popular Posts